Thursday, July 28, 2005

Kumasi

I was hoping to post picutres today, but this internet cafe, with a fast connection, has an old browser, and I can't figure out how to post pictures using this version of explorer.

We got to Kumasi yesterday. I can't say I love it. I feel like it's too loud for my taste. Loud, like sound loud. I feel like the city is one big stereo.

Also, I have overly helpful family in Kumasi. The kind of help that makes me feel like I'm treated like a 5-year old. I appreciate it, don't get me wrong, but it's a bit much.

In the internet cafe we're in right now, there is a radio playing a preacher saying everyone is going to hell. This is in extreme contrast (at least to me) of the Ashante tribal rituals that involve voodoo-type things. It's odd to me.

In other news, I have a cold. I lived in Michigan for 7 years, hardly ever getting a cold; I come to tropical Ghana (in the July, no less) and I get a cold. Go figure. The cold is minor enough that it's more of an annoyance than anything else.

We leave Kumasi on Saturday - to Cape Coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home