Monday, July 11, 2005

Chocolate and the 5000 Cedis

I should have posted about this a while ago, but I LOVE the chocolate bars produced in Ghana!!! It is so awesome. It tastes far more chocolaty, and a lot less sweet than anything I have had anywhere else. The bars are called Kingsbite. Awesome!!!

On another note, I am tired of being called at. "Rasta, Rasta, Rasta", usually followed by some offer that would involve me giving the person money for doing something for me I don't want, or buying something I don't need. The other day, we went to the Art Centre, filled with vendors pressuring you to buy. One guy came up to me, and started with the Rasta thing, saying he had seen me in Legon. I turned the tables and asked him for money, saying I had no way to eat or get anywhere. He proceeded to give me 5000 Cedis (about 60 cents, but worth more than that here, if that makes sense). He then left us alone. I think he was embarassed. Later in the day, another guy started hounding, and wouldn't let up. I asked him for money. At first he thought I was joking, but when he realized I wasn't, he got mad, said I was a bad person, and left us alone (which is all I really wanted in the first place).

We are off to Koforidua in the next hour or two (hopefully, as things tend to always take longer than expected). It will be good to not have to do as much (with so much family, everyone wants to help), but on the same token, it will be bad to not have to do as much (with family, everyone wants to help).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stories amaze me :-)

Love,
Michelle

11:53 AM, July 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home