Monday, July 04, 2005

No water, no wind

Today has been a bit less lucky than the weekend! I'm definitely still on California time; I've now gotten enough sleep to realize that my sleep patterns are off. I crashed last night at 9pm and woke up around 1am only to stay awake until about 5am, and sleep again until 9am. On top of it all, just when I woke up they turned off all the water in our building. And today is a much less windy, and therefore a much more hot & sticky, day so far. Oh yeah, and my legs are covered in mosquito bites. Just lovely; now I'm getting the real experience, I guess!

In good news we took a walk around campus lately and know our way around much better. We also found the library and the bookstore, which were closed on Sunday but which we can hang out at today. The linguistics department is also easy to get to, just in between this internet place and the library.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten ahold of any of the linguistics professors yet, so I hope someone will be there when we stop by. The one person I did hear back from is busy until Friday, and maybe even then. She's a sociolinguist I was looking forward to meeting, so I hope I can see her. I need to, in fact, because she's the one who booked our room for us.

Well, happy 4th of July. Like I always say, if it weren't for Independence Day, the U.S. would be just like Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home